MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Showing Sub Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to select which categories/forums to display subforums on the index? I can only find the option of selecting it for the entire index, and the amount to be shown, but I want only a few of the categories/forums to show the subforums and the rest I want to be hidden, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks!
You can use Parent Forum or Add child forum option!

Parent Forum - if you link an active forum not category the then the linked forum will be shown as subforum

Add child forum - here you will have to create a new forum that again will be shown as subforum
Right, but how can I make it so only SOME of forums/categories show the subforums. I don't want all of the forums/categories to show them.
Pick a forum let say "TEST FORUM" then on the right side Options click on EDIT FORUM locate Parent Forum and choose which forum you want the current forum to be linked to.

Shortcut
ACP/index.php?module=forum

Or

Pick a forum let say "TEST FORUM" then on the right side Options click on Add Child Forum enter Title and save it
I think maybe I'm not explaining myself properly here.....let me try again.

Example:
Category 1
Forum 1
Subforums: blah1, blah2, blah3--------I want these shown on the index.

Category 2
Forum 2
Subforums: blah4, blah5, blah6 ------------I do NOT want these shown on the index, how do I keep them hidden, but still keep them as subforums?
Set the number of subforums you want to show in your home page!
Subforums to show on Index listing in ACP>>Configuration>>Forum Home Options

index.php?module=config-settings&action=change&gid=6
I don't want to change the amount though, the amount shown is not the problem. I simply want to have only SOME of the categories/forums show subforums and have the rest of the categories/forums keep them hidden.
I am truly sorry but I can't help you
replies here might help