MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restored forum, it tries search for a websie!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a .com domain name before that I don't have anymore.

I'd wordpress installed and in wordpress I had a folder /forum where my MyBB were installed.

Now I wanna recover this forum and be able to see how it looked like and be able to take out information out of the members (I need e-mail adresses and notify them about the new forum as this is same topic forum).

I succeeded importing the database into a test website on a subdomain of my personal domain.
I also imported all FTP files.

Changed config file for MyBB to point to the database I created and imported.

Now I can see the whole site, but it is loading and tries to connect to my old website domain. And I don't know why. I cannot find it in the config.php file even the domain name so I wonder how do I change this!?

I also cannot see any really templates or so, I only seeing plain text, the whole theme seems to be gone etc. But can see forum posts/topics.
first change board url and cookie settings in ./inc/settings.php file then log into admin panel and
put again correct settings for board url & cookie settings at General Configuration settings

see this guidance for more details