MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: quick search not accurate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I remember reading something awhile back about this being a database issue, but can't find the thread now...

The quick search is really tough. A model number that's used often on our site in posts and in thread titles can't be found with quick search. Also very difficult to find anything when putting two words together that are certainly in the same post, or maybe even in the same sentence but quick search doesn't find it.

Any ideas? Advanced default search seems to work fine
can we have the code used for quick search form on your forum ? here is a discussion link related to search key words
<form method="post" action="search.php">

<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_search" />
<input type="hidden" name="postthread" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="forums" value="all" />
<input type="hidden" name="showresults" value="threads" />
<input type="text" name="keywords" value="" />
<input type="submit" class="button" value="Go" />

Like this. I skimmed that thread, not sure it applies to me or not. Or maybe it does partially.

a couple of examples, searching for the word "don't" returns only 2 threads. If I copy a phrase and search for it, it might find it, it might not. I mean, some phrases it will find, others it doesn't find. I've tried using the + operator as well to no effect.

have also turned on 'full text'. Still no dice.

searching for some exact phrases in both advanced search and quick search returns no results even though the phrase is copied directly from a post.