MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mail sounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to add a mail sound when new mail is received. Sounds from the site below.

How would I go about that? I looked in the private.php and cannot find any notify comments. Is there a way or code that I can insert to get mail sounds to work?

Thanks
you mean a private message? Were you looking to do this like the popup "you've received a new pm" but instead a sound?
Yes, That's exactly it but I don't want someone to have to activate that popup notification to hear the sound.

Thanks
*Bump...

Can anyone help please?
Moved to Code Mods.

You might be able to edit the javascript(jscripts/general.js) and/or function parse_page in functions.php(lines: 203 - 209). Have fun.
Found some info relating to PM's in jscripts/general.js but not sure what code should be put in there..

Would I need to embed the audio?

Thanks,
Matt
Try this:
find in jscripts/general.js
confirmReturn = confirm(newpm_prompt);
Add above:
if(this.browser == 'ie')
{
	document.write('<bgsound loop="0" volume="-600" SRC="<soundfile here>" />');
}
else
{
	document.write('<embed src="<soundfile here>" loop="false" autostart="true"  hidden="true" />');
}
Not tried or anything. You need to specify the sound file yourself.
Thanks CraKteR,

But no luck I am afraid... Tried it in both IE and Firefox. I did specify the sound file.

Thanks