MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URGENT! -- No one can send PMs anymore except for me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

For some reason since today, no one on my forum is able to send anyone PMs. They all get this error:

[Image: 20131212194639956.png]

The weird thing is that anyone in the "Owner" group seems to be able to send PMs. I'm the only one in this group along with another buddy.

I don't understand why since I set my group to unlimited PMs, but either way, I deleted a bunch of PMs (including from the trash can) and that didn't fix anything. I tried rebuilding all the caches, I tried recounting & rebuilding everything I could, still no cigar. I even went into the database and wiped all my PMs from there, THEN rebuilt and recounted and recached, no cigar.

What goes?

URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page: www.lifepunch.net/forums
New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB): Currently on version 1.6.11

Also notice how it says "has reached their private.." not "Monkeys has reached their private.."

So.. I sent maximum quota to 1000 on all groups.. seems to work now, although there's still the weird bug where it's not showing the username in the error message.
You have a user account whose username is set to nothing. Due to the way the username suggestion works for sending PMs that blank user will receive a copy of most PMs.
You're best off deleting that account.
Alternatively you can make the pm datahandler check that the username is not empty. I *think* this commit covers it https://github.com/mybb/mybb/commit/7f45...58e81cf324
I can't seem to find the "user account whose username is set to nothing."

Could you link me to its profile please?

Thank you.
Okay, you're right, I just took a look through all your members and can't seem to find one with no username on the member list. That said, it may not be appearing there (because it is blank) so maybe try take a look in the database itself (just run a query selecting * from _users where username='')
Nope, you were actually right! I did find him; http://community.mybb.com/thread-148920.html

Thanks. Big Grin