MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mail function is not working.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
i recently installed mybb on http://teamsik.cu.cc/forum/.
But when I create a test user, I found that my forum is not sending any email. I tried both smtp and php mail option.
In smtp mode it is saying :
Quote:Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details.<br /><br />110: Connection timed out

Then I test my php mail using these two script:
<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
 $to = '[email protected]';
  if(mail($to, 'Testing mail', 'This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.')) {
    echo 'Mail was sent by PHP'; 
    } else {
      echo 'PHP could not send the mail'; 
      } 
?>
and:
<?php
$to      = '[email protected]';
$subject = 'A subject';
$message = 'This is a test';
$headers = 'From: [email protected]' . "\r\n" .
   'Reply-To: [email protected]' . "\r\n" .
   'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();
mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
?>
It successfully send emails.
But when i go with mybb, it isn't working.

I tried
ini_set("sendmail_from", " [email protected] ");
in function.php and below code as Additional Parameters. But no results.
Quote:From: [email protected]\nReply-To: [email protected]\nX-Mailer: PHP/5.3.24

And one more thing i should mention that my hosting provider said that both mail functions are running smoothly. There is no server side issue(s).

Kindly help me!!!
c'mon 86 views and not a single reply...
(2013-12-15, 05:30 PM)rokingkamalesh Wrote: [ -> ]c'mon 86 views and not a single reply...

You're not alone here, the mail doesn't work on my forum either...Rolleyes I doubt it ever will, furthermore what good is making this software since the mail doesn't work. Having it installed on a server is just taking up space and it's worthless.Rolleyes
It appears my previous posts about this subject and others have been deleted says it all about this forum software and the mods here.Big Grin Be my guest and delete this reply too and my account here. Here's some free advice if you want free forum software where the mail works switch to Phpbb and delete mybb and you'll be glad you did.Lightbulb
Sometimes, your Hosting server doesn't allow to connect to SMTP e.g. Godaddy.

And regarding PHP mail, you need to contact you host to allow mail using a particular email id. They do it to prevent forum from spam.
(2014-01-05, 06:01 AM)Ixaris Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes, your Hosting server doesn't allow to connect to SMTP e.g. Godaddy.

And regarding PHP mail, you need to contact you host to allow mail using a particular email id. They do it to prevent forum from spam.

I don't need to contact my host because my site is on a VPS, php mail works and doesn't work with mybb, works with Phpbb.Big Grin
I'm having same issue, a solution for this will be nice.
thanks for a reply
i was really feeling lonely here.Rolleyes
As i mention, i used phpmail test script provided by mybb and a script with custom headers both working fine.

Now i think i should go with your advise and delete that.

(2014-01-06, 07:11 AM)Jus4Lulz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having same issue, a solution for this will be nice.

We are struggling too..Big Grin

(2014-01-05, 06:01 AM)Ixaris Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes, your Hosting server doesn't allow to connect to SMTP e.g. Godaddy.

My phpmail is working completely fine. As i tried with test mail script. The problem is in mybb.
Hope the developers are listening
Well its must be something with your host my works perfect. And i did register My forum for à week à go and works great.

And one thing phpbb sucks!