MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add someone to super admin through ftp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i accidentally made it so your username can only be 10 characters and mine was 11 so i cannot login to my forums i need to add another acount to admin so i can change it, how do you do this i need to do this through the ftp. it could also work if you could tell me how to change the max username length through the ftp. any help would be amazingHeart
(2013-12-14, 05:36 PM)npd1124 Wrote: [ -> ](...) it could also work if you could tell me how to change the max username length through the ftp. (...)

1. download file maxusername30.zip from bottom of this post,
2. unzip and put maxusername30.php file in root of your myBB in FTP (the same folder where is global.php file)
3. visit your site but instead of index.php type maxusername30.php (eg. www.yoursite.com/maxusername30.php)
4. delete maxusername30.php file from FTP
5. your max username is set now to 30

maxusername30.php file contents are :
<?php
	define("IN_MYBB", 1);
	require_once "./global.php";
	$db->query('UPDATE '.TABLE_PREFIX.'settings maxnamelength SET value=30');
	echo 'max user name lenght has been set to 30. Please delete <b>maxusername30.php</b> file now.';
?>
(2013-12-14, 06:18 PM)avril Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-14, 05:36 PM)npd1124 Wrote: [ -> ](...) it could also work if you could tell me how to change the max username length through the ftp. (...)

1. download file maxusername30.zip from bottom of this post,
2. unzip and put maxusername30.php file in root of your myBB in FTP (the same folder where is global.php file)
3. visit your site but instead of index.php type maxusername30.php (eg. www.yoursite.com/maxusername30.php)
4. delete maxusername30.php file from FTP
5. your max username is set now to 30

maxusername30.php file contents are :
<?php
	define("IN_MYBB", 1);
	require_once "./global.php";
	$db->query('UPDATE '.TABLE_PREFIX.'settings maxnamelength SET value=30');
	echo 'max user name lenght has been set to 30. Please delete <b>maxusername30.php</b> file now.';
?>

Thank you very much good sir you are a life saver HeartHeartHeartHeart