MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Apart Flame 404 errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my log I'm seeing a lot of 404 errors every day for the gif and png files that are defined in global.css. In my browser they seem to display fine.

I'm using Wordpress on my main site. Here is one listing in the 404 Error Monitor plugin for Wordpress.

/images/flame/icons/search.gif

But the path to this file should be /forum/images/flame/icons/search.gif , and it has always been so since I installed it. The only thing I've modified in the template is some font sizes and a background color. So I can't figure out if some user of the forum is using an old cache to generate these errors, or what's going on. I tried renaming the above file to search.gif2 and the file was no longer appearing on page refresh, so it does appear to be pointing to the right files. So I'm just wondering what's up with all the 404 errors.

The line in the template editor for global.css is

background-image: url(images/flame/icons/search.gif);

The line in /forum/cache/themes/theme3 is

background-image: url(../../../images/flame/icons/search.gif);
what about if you put an entire url to access your image, sometimes i have to made this change on some pages with another url of principal domain, change it to this and tell us what happen.

example:

background-image: url(http://yourforumpath/images/flame/icons/search.gif);

Sometimes have to works on that way.