MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WordPress Header w/Menu above MyBB forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Could anyone provide me with any links, or helpful advice on how to have a wordpress header (from my mainpage) with menus, to appear over a mybb forum (similar to how it's done here on gigalicous.com/forum/ and silvertails.net/forum). I am fairly new to mybb, wordpress, and php. I've only really worked with SMF forum software (for about 3+ years) but I grew tired of their community who pretty much told me to give up on trying to get a wordpress header over smf. After doing some research it appears several people have been quite successful achieving similar goals using mybb software (as linked above).

I currently set up a dummy site with place holder images (no CSS work yet) with smf, but I had no luck getting the wp header and smf to function properly so I am doing a fresh install of mybb now.

test.inglouriousbasterds.org

If anyone reading these boards could help or guide me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Again, I am fairly new to php work. If it's something complicated that requires advanced php work, I wouldn't mind hiring someone to do so, I just don't know where to look!

WordPress Version 3.8 - myBB version 1.6.11

Thanks you.
Anyone able to help?
see replies here - there are similar threads with responses - please search if required