MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: removed admin rights to cp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i was messing around in my Admin control panel and ended up removing all the rights form the usergroup admin by unchecking all the boxes at the bottom. I've tried these, but i have a problem with the last one
UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup='4' WHERE uid='your uid' 

UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `cancp` = '1' WHERE `gid` = '4' 

[color=#FF0000]DELETE FROM `mybb_datacache` WHERE `title` = 'usergroups'[/color] 
So when i try to enter in the red text by itself into the SQL query, it does absolutely nothing when i click go.
When entered in with the other ones i get this
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `cancp` = '1' WHERE `gid` = '4' DELETE FROM `my' at line 3
here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XbhqCHE09I
Im using MyBB 1.6.11, Thanks
You have to execute each query one by one. If you execute them together the parser thinks it's one query.
(2013-12-15, 10:06 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You have to execute each query one by one. If you execute them together the parser thinks it's one query.

when i click the execute/go button with this line
DELETE FROM `mybb_datacache` WHERE `title` = 'usergroups'
inserted it does absolutely nothing. i could click it like 100+ times and nothing would happen :/
What do you mean by "nothing"? Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you execute the query?
(2013-12-15, 10:19 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by "nothing"? Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you execute the query?

Literally nothing. Here's a vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XbhqCHE09I
For some reason you can't see my mouse in the video.
I personally don't use phpMyAdmin so I can't say for sure why it's doing that. Do the first two queries execute successfully?
(2013-12-15, 10:59 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I personally don't use phpMyAdmin so I can't say for sure why it's doing that. Do the first two queries execute successfully?
yeah, everything works fine with the first two. I still need help if anybody has this
You could go in to the mybb_datacache table and click on the X next to the row with the title "usergroups". After that, you should be able to login.
(2013-12-15, 11:22 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You could go in to the mybb_datacache table and click on the X next to the row with the title "usergroups". After that, you should be able to login.

Why in the world did i not think of that... Thanks it worked!