MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Font Awesome problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Problem solved.
web cache Wrote:Font Awesome problem
I've added the font awesome icons to my test theme on localhost, but the icons appear like this:
[Image: fontawesome_zps3964d3c4.png]

I've uploaded the correct files to the correct places, and in headerinclude linked to the correct path for the font awesome css file. I've checked multiple times if everything is uploaded and linked correctly.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

(It's just the default mybb theme I've added this to, for testing purposes)

whatever was the issue, once posted should not be wiped out - instead please edit and add your solution
(2013-12-17, 07:41 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]whatever was the issue, once posted should not be wiped out - instead please edit and add your solution

I'll read the rules for that.

(I didn't wipe out; I edited my post. As a matter of fact, as a regular member, I do not have the required permissions to 'wipe out' posts.)

I don't want people to worry about something that's been solved, especially if the problem was something very stupid, like forgetting the first 'fa' in the class tag:
Quote:<i class="fa fa-someicon"></i>

Oh well, I blame it on sleepiness, as it was well past midnight :p

And how did you get my post back? I have no idea how to access my or others' edited post history.
(2013-12-17, 12:27 PM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]I'll read the rules for that.

It's not the rules, its more courtesy. Leave the question+edit in the answer and then if anyone else ever has the same problem they may search and and find the solution.
Sure, it was something silly, but we all have those moments where the answer is something really obvious - we just need to be able to find the answer Smile
(2013-12-17, 01:56 PM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-17, 12:27 PM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]I'll read the rules for that.

It's not the rules, its more courtesy. Leave the question+edit in the answer and then if anyone else ever has the same problem they may search and and find the solution.
Sure, it was something silly, but we all have those moments where the answer is something really obvious - we just need to be able to find the answer Smile

Yeah LOL

I love font awesome. Icons you can style in color and size, that's pretty neat Smile