MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Include existing templates in existing pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to plugin development and PHP so excuse if this question is foolish. Blush

I'd like to add the forum jump templates on various pages such as newthread, newreply and others - via a plugin, I figured out how to "hack" this via core edit - fairly easy, but I am not sure how to do it the proper way.
Thanks in advance!
With install you can hard wire it:

Docs:
/**
 * Find and replace a string in a particular template through every template set.
 * @param string The name of the template
 * @param string The regular expression to match in the template
 * @param string The replacement string
 * @param int Set to 1 to automatically create templates which do not exist for that set (based off master) - Defaults to 1
 * @return bolean true if updated one or more templates, false if not.
 */
find_replace_templatesets($title, $find, $replace, $autocreate=1)

How to use:
	require_once MYBB_ROOT.'inc/adminfunctions_templates.php';

find_replace_templatesets('template_title', '/\{\$random_var\}/', 'Extra Stuff {$random_var}');

Or on runtime via cache's:
$templates->cache['template_title'] = str_replace('{$random_var}', 'Extra Stuff {$random_var}', $templates->cache['template_title']);
Sorry but I don't understand...
Could you show me a example? Adding the forumjump templates (forumjump_advanced,forumjump_special,forumjump_bit) to newreply.php?
You need to add the {$forumjump} variable to the newthread template and eval it hooking at newthread_end.