MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What happened?
It happened while I was sleeping. I woke up and tryed to visit my forums but I get a MySQL error (datacache table crashed). I repaired it and then I got an error that said I didn't upgraded my forums. I don't understand the message because I have the latest version installed (1.6.11). I tryed to upgrade (hosting support's suggestion) and when I tryed to log in as administrator I got a message that said "the username is invalid". It's not the first time that I get MySQL errors related to MyBB.

URL
https://foro.nfswo.com.ar/index.php (it's important to use index.php because I set as default page error.php to show a message to my visitors).

Installation type
My forum was upgraded 2 times in the past (1.6.9 to 1.6.10 to 1.6.11).

Screenshot

[Image: 6a075a0b.png]

Please help me.
Try deleting the /install folder, since it looks like the .lock wasn't placed correctly inside of that to make that message disappear.
I did it, but nothing happens. The error stills there.
Well first at all you have to repair all tables of your MyBB Board, then you hae to run upgrade again, that because when crash your cache table maybe have a dismiss of configuration.

Verify you have right values on your settings.php and config.php files inside inc dir.

Then you may be sure to verify tables via phpMyAdmin to know what kindda problem do you have if the problem persist, verify your collation of all your tables are the same and you have update table on your database.

Try to run again upgrade proccess and when you run this, you have to review other posible issues to fix it.

That's all.
Thank you Dark Neo. It seems that the users table is empty. How is this possible? Something happened...
Crash of this table, or some command order like a truncate order. Many times this things happens and maybe it's for some bad code on your templates, one plugin, problem with host or some kind of troubbles that generally wont happen.

But if you see this only upload this table content again and have to work without problems, maybe this can be recorded on your error log, if you have configured to send an email verify your mails and see what happens. If you save as log files review inside your FTP and search for error log files open with some editor and you make a better idea if the problem was the board or maybe one hosting server restore or another thing extra, like some code injection, but this can be recorded on your log file as i said before.

Cheers.
Some hours ago I've seen the error.log file and I found something plus a lot of errors saying that my forums needs to be updated. It seems that when a query was executing the connection with MySQL server timed out (it says something like "connection lost"). I have no backups, that's the trobule (the funniest thing is that I was working in a daily backup 'system').
well maybe this can be fix because you have entire data of users on your posts and threads i guess but unfortunatelly without a copy of your db this problem have to persist because data wont be received and no matter what we do, ever without a backup have to work more and more.

Maybe your host make a backup of your site on some clean or manteinance, this can be usefull, if don't i thing you have to tell all users have to register and make a backup right now before all data was lost. You have to find a way to set id to any user you have and on that way on reconstruct should to work again.
The administrator said that I could create a new user from phpMyAdmin with admin rights, make the update process and tell users to register again (because the posts table didn't dissapeared). How to?