MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Localhost + Post_Max_Size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am testing a forum on localhost. This had previously been online, but I downloaded it from the host and configured it to use a local DB and such. I am running the latest version of MyBB, and running PHP 5.3

The forum seems to be fully functional, except I cannot post.

I get this eror:
Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button.

In my PHP config, post_max_size is set to 20M, and all I'm trying to post is:
Quote:Testing 1,2,3

Any Ideas?
Verify if you have enabled compresion GZIP or what kind of settings on server optimization are enabled, for me this can solve so many problems on localhost.
(2013-12-17, 11:50 PM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]Verify if you have enabled compresion GZIP or what kind of settings on server optimization are enabled, for me this can solve so many problems on localhost.

I've transferred everything onto a private webserver at my office, and the same issue is still presenting itself - so perhaps it is not being caused by localhost.
Just for the record, I found that carrying out certain tests on local host didn't work out as a live forum. In my case, we moved our forum to a VPS and, prior to changing the nameservers in our domain registrar, we tested the forum locally. One example of not the local hosted forum not working was Google SEO plugin where the redirects weren't working. I cannot recall trying to make a thread, although we could see the forums themselves and the new thread button was available.

Just a thought; hope it helps somehow.
(2013-12-18, 01:09 AM)Ados Wrote: [ -> ]One example of not the local hosted forum not working was Google SEO plugin where the redirects weren't working. I cannot recall trying to make a thread, although we could see the forums themselves and the new thread button was available.

The SEO plugin was the exact issue!
Seems fitting since it never performed like it needed to anyway. I'm taking the site back to localhost for the time being - thanks for your advice.
(2013-12-18, 04:55 AM)Persona Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-18, 01:09 AM)Ados Wrote: [ -> ]One example of not the local hosted forum not working was Google SEO plugin where the redirects weren't working. I cannot recall trying to make a thread, although we could see the forums themselves and the new thread button was available.

The SEO plugin was the exact issue!
Seems fitting since it never performed like it needed to anyway. I'm taking the site back to localhost for the time being - thanks for your advice.

Hey glad I helped! Smile

Hopefully this will help others in the future who have this same issue happening with their forums. These little things can drive one crazy.