MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When Creating a ".htaccess" file in my ftp...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It says file already exists in my acp...Where would it be exactly, maybe I'm just not seeing it?

I use Control Panel.

I want to create one and put my Ip in it so only I can access my acp.

Thanks Smile

...Links below are mainly for my ease of accessing them...

Banning IP's via list.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-139835.html
If it only affects your ACP, then put it in your admin directory. Of course, you should search for how to move your admin directory so people can't try to break into it.
No, I'm in my admin-dir already and says file exists...even though I can't see it?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

So I go....

1. Create new file
2. Name it .htaccess
3. Prompt comes up saying file not created, already exists

?
If you are using a unix-like operating system (such as linux), then files which begin with a "." are hidden. You can tell your file browser to show hidden files, or pass in the -a flag to ls.
Can we do this in FF or IE?
Firefox and Internet Explorer are internet browsers. I was talking about your file browser.

Since you mention IE, I'm assuming your web server is installed on Windows? Open a file browser to your admin directory (double-click on "My Computer" and browse to that directory). Click on the "Tools" menu and choose "Folder Options". On the "View" tab, make sure that you "Show hidden files, folders, and drives".
Assuming you use cPanel, log in to your control panel, click on "File Manager" and in a pop up, it will ask if you would like to see dot files. Be sure to check/tick it. Now you should be able to find the file.

(2013-12-23, 09:55 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Firefox and Internet Explorer are internet browsers. I was talking about your file browser.

Since you mention IE, I'm assuming your web server is installed on Windows? Open a file browser to your admin directory (double-click on "My Computer" and browse to that directory). Click on the "Tools" menu and choose "Folder Options". On the "View" tab, make sure that you "Show hidden files, folders, and drives".

OP is talking about the file existing in FTP however unable to find it in FTP.
@ Arbaz you got it, thanks!

Four more questions and I'll mark this as solved............

1. Lets say I log into my admin panel from two computers with two different ip addresses, should I add the following to my .htaccess file;

Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
myusername
Allow from xx.xxx.xx.xxx,xx.xxx.xx.xxx

2. So the two ip addresses there would be my from my two pc's I login from, correct?

3. Should I separate the two ip addresses with a space after the comma, or no space after the comma?

..............such as this;

Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
myusername
Allow from xx.xxx.xx.xxx, xx.xxx.xx.xxx

(with a space)

------------------------------------------------

4. To allow someone else access to my acp, which should be added to my .htaccess file?

Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
myusername
Allow from xx.xxx.xx.xxx,xx.xxx.xx.xxx
partnersusername
Allow from yy.yyy.yy.yyy

(where my partners ip has its own line)

...OR...

Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
myusername
Allow from xx.xxx.xx.xxx,xx.xxx.xx.xxx,yy.yyy.yy.yyy

(where my partners ip is the "y's" and all ip's are on the same line regardless of username)