MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Accidently deleted huge forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I accidentely deleted a huge forum that had many posts. 1st I thought the forums wouldnt delete if they had posts in them. I was wrong.I have backups from 2 weeks ago and would like to redo just the one forum from them. How do I do that?

Thanks
Sorry missed that you have mentioned backups
(2013-12-18, 07:46 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any database backup?

From 2 weeks ago
In phpmyadmin create a new database, import you backup then connect that new database to your forum this will give the access to that database however I am not sure how you can take that data and add it to your current database! Looks like D666 is here he maybe has better idea!

Search the net for "phpmyadmin copy table to another database"
Thanks

Looks like Im in deep dodo

Thanks for looking

The more I use Mybb The less faith I have in it

Now is why I am understanding why there is so few big MYBB forums out there. vBulletin and IPB still rule and will always win in the big forums. The amount of time I have wasted here in MYBB is just crazy.
(2013-12-18, 07:56 PM)hrspwr1 Wrote: [ -> ]The more I use Mybb The less faith I have in it

Now is why I am understanding why there is so few big MYBB forums out there. vBulletin and IPB still rule and will always win in the big forums. The amount of time I have wasted here in MYBB is just crazy.

So you're blaming MyBB for the fact that you pressed the delete button on a forum and it actually deleted it? I'm not sure what else a delete button should do.

As marcus123 said, because you have a good backup you can just import that through PHPMyAdmin (or whatever DBA software you use). It probably won't let you import over the existing data (Because of duplicate IDs/indexes) so I'd reccomend making a new database, importing it there then changing your MyBB config to use that database instead.
Quote:Now is why I am understanding why there is so few big MYBB forums out there. vBulletin and IPB still rule and will always win in the big forums. The amount of time I have wasted here in MYBB is just crazy.

Perhaps instead of blaming the software you should think twice before pressing a button which clearly says that the forum will be deleted. You're even prompted with a popup asking "Are you sure you wish to delete this forum?". If you're not sure, test it out on a local installation. The software is not at fault here.
(2013-12-18, 07:56 PM)hrspwr1 Wrote: [ -> ]Now is why I am understanding why there is so few big MYBB forums out there. vBulletin and IPB still rule and will always win in the big forums. The amount of time I have wasted here in MYBB is just crazy.

Well if you were fast enough and had access you could just have rolled back the commit in the logs.

Also, doe I hate MyBB for being written so long ago (I prefer classes and stuff, slowly rewriting the bad stuff) it's not bad, specially for a free software that you were probably making money off.
this really made me lol. MYBB is one of the friendliest and easiest to use Forum Softwares out there (and i have tried a few). Bad tradesmen blame there tools just as bad admins blame the software.
Agree MyBB is one of if not the best forum script out there, just support by itself is priceless!!! So I think you should apologies for what you wrote!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2