MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mysql error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've installed many copies of mybb before, and never had this problem. I did recently re install mysql. When I go to install mybb I get this error

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

The IP, Host, and pass are defiantly correct.
Quote:The IP, Host, and pass are defiantly correct.

There will be something wrong with either the host, username, or password. Triple check that they're correct. No whitespace after the password, MySQL user exists, etc.
How do you add your username, password and database ?
There are an error on this and that's for sure, i know you have installed so many copies of MyBB and maybe you have all right, but you have to make sure your username, database and password begins with a letter, then you can put numbers, but this in some cases be the conflict.

Then make sure you have not activated caps lock, sounds rare, but sometimes happens. And finally try to do one file to get your data and one send info to connect and test your conection with your db and your host, sometimes a conflict betwen aplications like MySQL do a conflict with another programs and port mae a posible conlict too.

Only this can i tell you to because i have problems sometimes and i have to reinstall apache, mysql and php again or some malicious or a restore of my PC, sound rare, but happens too xD.
(2013-12-19, 12:18 AM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]How do you add your username, password and database ?
There are an error on this and that's for sure, i know you have installed so many copies of MyBB and maybe you have all right, but you have to make sure your username, database and password begins with a letter, then you can put numbers, but this in some cases be the conflict.

Then make sure you have not activated caps lock, sounds rare, but sometimes happens. And finally try to do one file to get your data and one send info to connect and test your conection with your db and your host, sometimes a conflict betwen aplications like MySQL do a conflict with another programs and port mae a posible conlict too.

Only this can i tell you to because i have problems sometimes and i have to reinstall apache, mysql and php again or some malicious or a restore of my PC, sound rare, but happens too xD.

I don't understand what would suddenly conflict? I added the database using webmin, then even installed phpmyadmin. I can log in to phpmyadmin from the username, and I also tried to connect as root