MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I set up my forum like this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So my website is basically www.my-website.net, and when people enter that URL, I want them to get redirected to www.my-website.net/forums or www.forums.my-website.net (whichever is easier/more convenient). Currently, the forums are located at www.my-website.net even though I put www.my-website.net/forums as the forum URL in myBB configuration. So how do I set that up?

Also, tried importing a theme but it does not show fully on the website. Here's a picture. How do I fix this?

[Image: bg8z9u.png]
Either do a 301 (Moved) with apache / What you use.

Or put an index.html page on the / with
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=forum" />
</head>
<body>
"Redirecting"
</body>
</html>

All thought, google prefer 301's

For the theme, go to the theme editor and press preferences and change the image folder
(2013-12-19, 12:46 PM)Rakes Wrote: [ -> ]Either do a 301 (Moved) with apache / What you use.

Or put an index.html page on the / with
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=forum" />
</head>
<body>
"Redirecting"
</body>
</html>

All thought, google prefer 301's

For the theme, go to the theme editor and press preferences and change the image folder

Thank you very much, will check this out. In the future, I intend to have an actual website there with a button to redirect to webpage. Would you still recommend the 301 knowing this?

Im sorry but I'm know absolutely nothing about how to go to the theme editor and change image folder. Could you please explain how?
If you want googles search bot to be happy, yes.

Templates & Styles -> click on theme name -> scroll -> image directory
(2013-12-19, 01:01 PM)Rakes Wrote: [ -> ]If you want googles search bot to be happy, yes.

Templates & Styles -> click on theme name -> scroll -> image directory

Still not working.

The images are located in /forums/images/ins, and I typed that in, but it's still showing up exactly how it is above.

Have tried every combo such as
/forums/images/ins
/images/ins
/images
/ins

nothing has worked.
Make sure you upload your forum files to public_html/forum/ and change your index page to reflect that. Also make sure you chmod your files correctly.
(2013-12-19, 02:01 PM)Addiction Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you upload your forum files to public_html/forum/ and change your index page to reflect that. Also make sure you chmod your files correctly.

I'm sorry, but I didn't understand this. Followed basic theme installing guide, which is installing the folder to forum/images, and then I imported the xml file and changed image directory to forum/images/ins. Where else do the forum files need to be uploaded, and which files?

Also, my folders and files have been chomodded correctly.
I had this problem but a friend of mine fixed it, you have to change .htaccess redirect thing. Look it up.
(2013-12-21, 11:43 AM)Matt_14 Wrote: [ -> ]I had this problem but a friend of mine fixed it, you have to change .htaccess redirect thing. Look it up.

He has the problem with the images, I tried helping him even more close but never got replied back after some help
(2013-12-21, 12:29 PM)Rakes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-21, 11:43 AM)Matt_14 Wrote: [ -> ]I had this problem but a friend of mine fixed it, you have to change .htaccess redirect thing. Look it up.

He has the problem with the images, I tried helping him even more close but never got replied back after some help

Sorry, Maybe the template you have chosen is not updated to the latest version of mybb?. If so update it or find a new one.
Pages: 1 2