MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Activation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
  I am using PHP5 with mybb 1.2.2 and am having a terrible time with it.  I massed emailed the board as a test and the admin account recieved the email.  I then tried to set up a user account, and the activation email is not working.  I created and ran the testmail.php and it works fine.  I then went back and tried to resend username and password to the new user account, and it was not received.  I understand that there is some mechanism in the forum for when email is sent, but am not clear as to when this should take place or how often.  I am running the forum under WindowsXP Professional using the Abyss Web Server from Aprelium Technologies.  The php.ini file must be right since testmail.php works.  So no I am wondering what pages need changing in the forum folder.  I have tried every means found here for changes to the function.php and am still not getting any mail.  Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.  The forum is located at http://crownpc2.no-ip.info/mybb   I also activated the new user account under the ACP and it is still not usable.
If i understood right, your admin account received email to its email account. Also your testmail.php is working. Then your web server, php configuration and email function haven't a problem. I think you should check your MyBB configuration, solution is some click away.
The email activation and the mass mail work the same way. I suggest you make sure it didn't end up in a spam folder or something.
Thanks for the input. I have the program installed on my server called sendmail.exe though it is not being used at this time. All emails being sent from the server to my regular email are coming thru fine for only the admin account, and the junk folder remains empty. I am running the php mail thru my regular smtp server by my ISP host. Using both the testmail.php and the sendmail program I can send email to the "new user account" without problem. Actually it was that account that I used to run the testmail.php script. Hence I think this is going to have something to do with mybb, since everything else seems to be in order. I did have a bad copy of DennisTT's permissions mod that has since been upgraded for php5. I am wondering if maybe something else here is not php5 ready as well. Would it be right to disable all installed mods? Could it be something as easy? It seems that it is deeper than this though. Thanks
crownpc Wrote:Thanks for the input.  I have the program installed on my server called sendmail.exe though it is not being used at this time.  All emails being sent from the server to my regular email are coming thru fine for only the admin account, and the junk folder remains empty.  I am running the php mail thru my regular smtp server by my ISP host.  Using both the testmail.php and the sendmail program I can send email to the "new user account" without problem.  Actually it was that account that I used to run the testmail.php script.  Hence I think this is going to have something to do with mybb, since everything else seems to be in order.  I did have a bad copy of DennisTT's permissions mod that has since been upgraded for php5.  I am wondering if maybe something else here is not php5 ready as well.  Would it be right to disable all installed mods?  Could it be something as easy?  It seems that it is deeper than this though.  Thanks

Okay I have deactivated all installed mods to the board. I deleted my new user account and created another one. No email is being received for the new account from the board. I have it set up so that an email activation is sent prior to being able to post to the board. So now I am kind of back to square one. Any other ideas?
Can you attach your php.ini, testmail.php, functions.php of mybb please? Also can you send a link to <?php phpinfo(); ?>
I can but Jr. member to Jr. member, isn't there going to be some info here that I do not want open to the world? The testmail.php is the same as found here on wiki with only my email changed. Functions.php is now back to the original for 1.2.2 as any changees made did not work. php.ini is the same in v.5 with only the smtp mail change for running under windows, which due to the extensive amount of spam recieved, I can not openly share but could pm. As for the php.info I will see if I can copy it, but will not allow anything that would be an identifiyer to be released and again would rather pm that too!
If you want help, you should write/send necessary informations. Find an advanced member, i won't work to help you.