MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nothing happed after merging vb database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recengly installed a 1.6 version of mybb and merged a 5 gb databse of vbulletin 3.8.4. There were no error messages along the way and i hit clean at the end.
Hoever nothing showed up on next page. The forum is still as it wasbefore the merge.
Any idea what may be the problem here?
Do i need to import vb database inside mybb database manually using phpadmin?

By the way i have run all the counters yet nothing is showing up
Quote:Do i need to import vb database inside mybb database manually using phpadmin?

That won't work. MyBB and vBulletin have completely different table and column names.

Can you look in the mybb_user, mybb_forums, and mybb_posts tables and make sure the data is there?
(2013-12-20, 06:15 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Do i need to import vb database inside mybb database manually using phpadmin?

That won't work. MyBB and vBulletin have completely different table and column names.

Can you look in the mybb_user, mybb_forums, and mybb_posts tables and make sure the data is there?

Thanks for replying nathan.
I had to re run the merge a couple fo times in order to get past. Now that I ran it, it did manage to run fine till about 13xxx users where it got stuck on SQL error 1062 duplicate name message.
I wish I could just import threads and posts from vb and let them all be assigned to guest user