MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Copyright
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I suggest changing "Copyright © 2002-2006 MyBB Group" to "Software Copyright © 2002-2006 MyBB Group" or something along those lines. Just having the word copyright is confusing because what is being copyrighted? It doesn't say. Can't this be more specific? I'd like to know MyBB isn't copyrighting all my material. Just a suggestion Smile
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=2148
Cory Wrote:Big Note: Your forum HAS to be powered by MyBB and MUST contain the MyBB Copyright.
The minimum copyright is:
Powered by <a href="http://www.mybboard.com">MyBB</a> / Copyright © 2006 <a href="http://www.mybboard.com">MyBB Group</a>
You may add your own copyrights in addition to the minimum copyright we require you have.
I think the "Powered By" indicates the fact that the software is what is copyrighted clearly enough.
Yes Yes I know the copyright coder. This is a suggestion forum btw.. Then can someone tell me if the powered by means the software then what does the other stand for? What else is there to copyright?
hemi Wrote:if the powered by means the software then what does the other stand for? What else is there to copyright?

Theme, layout, content, other software used on the site (eg a chat room), etc might fall under a different copyright than MyBB.
laie_techie Wrote:
hemi Wrote:if the powered by means the software then what does the other stand for? What else is there to copyright?

Theme, layout, content, other software used on the site (eg a chat room), etc might fall under a different copyright than MyBB.

All that you mention is covered under "powered by" Except for content. This is where it's starting to scare me. Becasue my content shouldn't belong to MyBB. They didn't create it. If this is true, someone please tell me now. I need to immediatly switch software if MyBB owns my content.

Thank you
He just used those as an example. He probably didn't mean your posted content, but say, content that came with the software, such as the help files, documentation, etc.
hemi Wrote:
laie_techie Wrote:

All that you mention is covered under "powered by" Except for content. This is where it's starting to scare me. Becasue my content shouldn't belong to MyBB. They didn't create it. If this is true, someone please tell me now. I need to immediatly switch software if MyBB owns my content.

Thank you

MyBB does not own your contents
and also your contents don't below to mybb...
It is only the copyright for this nice forum software
hemi Wrote:All that you mention is covered under "powered by" Except for content. This is where it's starting to scare me. Becasue my content shouldn't belong to MyBB. They didn't create it. If this is true, someone please tell me now. I need to immediatly switch software if MyBB owns my content.

Thank you

hemi Wrote:All that you mention is covered under "powered by" Except for content. This is where it's starting to scare me. Becasue my content shouldn't belong to MyBB. They didn't create it. If this is true, someone please tell me now. I need to immediatly switch software if MyBB owns my content.

Thank you
We do not own your content, we own the software. If you feel so inclined, you are allowed to add your own copyright, ie. Content and Theme Copyright © 2006 Your Name...
Pages: 1 2