MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change The Sender Name Of PM Notifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I've been looking on this forum for a while, and tried to find a solution, but I don't know if there even is any.

My problem: I own a MyBB forum (http://exunitaevires.com/forums/index.php) and entered my real life name. Now, whenever someone receives a PM notification or any other email from this forum, my real life name is shown as the sender.

I'd like to change that, but I don't know how.

Could anyone help me, or tell me if this is even possible?

Thanks in advance,
Yldrania
Go to your admincp》user's & groups》look for your name and change it or go to usercpmand change it there. This will change the username and login details to what ever you change it to.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the quick response. I have done that, my username there is Yldrania now. However, the message still appears in the inboxes of people with my real life name as sender. Sad
I don't understand what you mean please can you screenshot it.

Once you have changed your USERNAME that should now your new name on the forum so when you send private messages it should come up with your username not some other one on the receiving end.
I think his saying that he used his real name for username. Just use change username option! Or you just want to change admin email address?