MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Inline Success Messages 2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Inline Success Messages

Inline Success Messages lets you see an inline success message instead of the classic "friendly redirection page" MyBB comes with.

MyBB already comes with the "Show friendly redirection page" option, but waiting 5 seconds before being redirected to a new page is a bit annoying to me. If you disable this option, you are immediately redirected to the target page but you lose a textual feedback of what you have done before and therefore you don't know if the action performed has been a success or not.

Get support and more informations at MyBBoost.
Download from the Mods Site (not available yet) or from MyBBoost.
This is actually pretty neat. I'm going to check it out, thanks! Big Grin
A interesting one to watch-over! BTW, considering how the plugin is coded, you don't need a setting to check if the plugin is activated, users can simply deactivate it from the plugins management page.
Thank you for pointing this out. I have built it from my other plugins so the structure was the same.

Glad you like it! Actually, if someone can provide me a feedback from personal tests would be nice (I have tested it only once, but should be working fine on all boards).
Is this supposed to work on the "Change Signature" page as well? Doesn't seem to work for me. The board is not that clean so it may be an issue with my local installation.
Yes, it should. All pages that redirect() are covered. Is the $inlinesuccess variable present in usercp_editsig?
Could you pls give some examples where we had to add these {$inlinesuccess} variables.

I think the majority has no idea how to get this plugin working.

Quote:wherever you want
didn't help too much Wink
Pick up any template in which you are redirected to after taking a certain action, and add the {$inlinesuccess} variable wherever you want in that template.

For example when you edit your signature you are likely to be redirected to usercp.php, so open your usercp template and add the {$inlinesuccess} variable where you want.

The Mods Site version is old, btw. Use the GitHub version instead (1.0.1) which fixes some AJAX redirecting issues.
Thanks Shade i wanna tes this is an amazing job, i test it and says if i find some thing xD.
Added {$inlinesuccess} variable to templates but still nothing shows :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4