MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I have my site but not sure on the merge.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I downloaded and added the merge in, I have two databases I want to add but they are .sql on my computer from old forums I bought from people, how would I go around putting these in? Would I upload them to phpMyAdmin and then insert them or is there another way?
You need MyBB installed and the databases to be imported in to MySQL. On their own they're just files with commands to create the databases.

You then run the merge system and follow the steps on screen.

See: [Docs: Running_the_Merge_System]
So I install MyBB, then import the Database to the SQL I made for the forum, then I go to the merge on my main site?
(2013-12-22, 03:04 AM)Zeva Wrote: [ -> ]So I install MyBB, then import the Database to the SQL I made for the forum, then I go to the merge on my main site?

No, it's highly recommended you use a separate database. So you'd have, for example, a mybb database, a vbulletin database, and a phpbb database. The merge system will take the data from the vbulletin database and insert it in to the mybb database. You'll have to run the Merge System twice as you're using two different sources.
Alright so, I have my main site up on my host. Under my main site I make two databases for both forums I want to merge (3 databases total under my domain) and then I upload the two DB I have on my desktop and simply go to the merge and add the details in and it should merge?
That's pretty much it. Smile
(2013-12-22, 03:41 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]That's pretty much it. Smile

I'll give that a go just now, I'll put this to solved if it works.

I have merged one forum but can't get the second to work.

Quote:Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

The MyBB 1.6 database could not be found in 'removed for security Zeva'. Please ensure MyBB 1.6 exists at this database and with this table prefix.
Once the above are corrected, continue with the conversion.

uhh what do I do?