MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blocking IP's/ Country(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a plugin that efficiently blocks certain IP's/Countries from accessing my MyBB forum? I've tried using Fassim's Antispam Plugin, but was never satisfied how it worked, apart from default MyBB Settings.

I think Nathan's Cloudflare plugin works great when it comes to IP Blocks, but I'd to have alternatives.
There is a nice project I used to block a few countries from registering on my gaming server a while ago called PHP ip 2 country which could be integrated quite easily with MyBB.
Been a while since I messed with blocking countries but I remember I did it with htaccess.

There are lists of IP ranges on the web you can put in a htaccess file that you place in the root of your forum.

Always worked for me....
You'd be best using CloudFlares IP client blocking.

Blocking by htaccess may block people you didn't intend too... it's hard to find the up-to-date IP allocations to countries.
Incapsula does this for you perfectly.
(2013-12-22, 08:03 PM)Conor C. Wrote: [ -> ]You'd be best using CloudFlares IP client blocking.

Blocking by htaccess may block people you didn't intend too... it's hard to find the up-to-date IP allocations to countries.

I remember needing this a few years ago and I had to go down a path like this. http://webmasters.stackexchange.com/a/34663 I can't find the exact tut but I believe this was the same idea. IIRC it's the only reliable way to do it without sitting through a third party vendor/software.