MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Jquery: Load website over another
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another request for help. As you can see, I run slaveryreport.com. Our goal is to assist victims of human trafficking. In the event that a victim is accessing our website, we want to give them a quick and safe way out if they ever get caught or almost get caught "seeking help". So what I want to do:

I want to add a button that floats on the right side of the page, when clicked it does the following:

1. Loads google search on top of the existing page. It doesn't load a new page entirely, just loads one over the existing one.
2. Erases all cookies so that the "back button" and "history" won't show where they went.
3. Alerts us when such an action is taken by sending an email in the background through our forum system, standardized, simply containing information of the location of the person using the website when that was done.

That's all I'm wanting to do with it, is this possible?
I'd like some help here please.
You'd need a complete system designed to do that. It's not exactly something trivial and I don't believe you can clear a user's browser history programmatically. At most you can prevent them from hitting the back button but the rest of their history would still be stored in the browser.

Your best bet is to recommend they use a Private Window. No history, cookies, or active logins will be stored in the browser. It's safer than any type of custom solution, and if you're working with life or death situations it's probably not a good idea to rely on something which may have bugs or tries to get around browser restrictions.
Hmmmm that makes sense.

How about maybe a floating button on the right about the height of the logo that sends whoever clicks on it to google.com?