MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 404 Error Ever Since Installing Akismet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I use MyBB as one of my game server's forums, and it has recently been getting alot of spam. I went to the ACP, and installed and configured Akismet. Ever since then, the site gets a 404 Error (HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found).

I contacted my site host, and they told me to come here, and as I have no means of uninstalling Akismet, I removed the "Akismet.php" from the plugins folder.

This was all about three days ago, and it has not been up ever since.

The Site: http://www.metro-gmod.net
The error seems to be coming from your host but anyways on the root of your forums directory, there should be a file called error_log or something similar; Post the contents of the file here.
I'm assuming it would be a .txt, and the only .txt in the root is the htaccess file.

Either way, there is nothing related to any logs in the root, or any of the directories in which I looked. Just the .php's used by MyBB

I don't see how the 404 Error could be applied in this sense though, as all the page's .php files are exactly where they should be. Even if I was to go to www.metro-gmod.net/index.php, I still get the same error, even though it is leading directly to the file.
I don't think it's a .txt file but I believe it's a dot file. Double check after enabling "Show Dot Files" in your FTP client.

If you still don't find it and if you use cPanel then on the homepage look for something called error log.
No such luck after enabling "Force Showing Hidden Files" in FileZilla, and nothing shows in the Error Logs section of cPanel. :/
Weird. Go to ./inc/plugins/settings.php in your FTP

Look for

$settings['no_plugins'] = "0";

Change it to

Quote:$settings['no_plugins'] = "1";

Did it remove the 404 error?
The only settings.php I found was just outside the plugins directory.

Either way, no, it did not remove the error.

I realize this is seeming less and less related to Akismet causing the problem, but It just seems like too big of a coincidence. You know, having all this start the moment I added my Akismet API key in the settings for it.