MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple Passwords for User Account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to make it so I have like i.e. 10 passwords for my account to just be able to login to my account rather than just the one we have?

I wouldn't know where to start so am here asking for someone to write a tutorial or something please.

Thanks!
It is possible, of course, but most likely noone is going to write 'a tutorial or something' because it:
- requires core edits
- would make you 10x more vulnerable. Especially if your users like passwords similar to test123 or horse. Security > additional features.
- doesn't make any sense.. Why would you need that? Use KeePass, if you can't remember single password. I have no other ideas of possible usage, so can't provide more secure and efficient solutions.
I want it for my account, and it would make my account 10x more secure using 10 different passwords.

Anyone know how to write this?

No doubt it probably involves adding some lines to the config file.
Rather than having more passwords (which I find pointless) for a user account, it would be better that whenever you login, 1-2 question(s) to pop-up. Without knowing the answer(s) you can't access your account. And if one of the answers is wrong, you would get an email notification saying "someone logged into your account and gave a wrong answer to question no. 1."

Multiple passwords?! Lmao..
Multiple passwords would work, unless someone knows them all. If one long, complex, unique password isn't enough, you probably want to look in to 2-factor authentication.
Do any of you guys know of something like this available that is already out there for mybb, or would it have to be written?
Oh, so you mean all 10 passwords are required, not alternatives.. Then it indeed would be more secure.

Still it requires core edits or plugin, not just simple "adding some lines to the config file" and I don't think anyone has written something like that.

Also I agree 2 step auth would be better: http://community.mybb.com/thread-143707.html
Yes, multiple passwords are required at once during any login session Smile

Preferably no plugin though.

Thanks