MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Import part of databse from existing forum to new installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to generate a database from mybb that contains only some forums instead of all. For example instead of 10 forums, I want to have a database of 3 forums plus NO users in database.
I would then like to import this "mini" database to populate a new mybb based forum.
Is it do-able?Huh
Just import table by table not whole db, than pick records you want and stuck-through curveyor.
API will do the rest for you.
if you want to export only forums, you can to do via phpmyadmin or some SQL editor of databases.

or only go to your admincp and export your forums table only, then open this gzip file and edit with notepad with only your tables, or data to export, maybe you can use selectors on phpmyadmin and tasks to do that, but i never do this, i ever export all data of table to take entire structure and finally add to my site with an SQL query.
Devs and Fark Neo
Thabks a lot for your replies.
The problem is that i have huge databases from mybb and vb. more like 10 gbs. I wanted to import only some corums not all.
Will try to use phpmyadmin.
Do you use prefixes ??

If you have an antire structure you can go to your adminCP and select any table you wanna backup on both scripts, even if you do phpmyadmin can do this too, you have to select your database and then table forums, when you have this you can export this content, or some other content as you wish from import and select any table you want and then edit this as you wish.
(2013-12-31, 06:51 PM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use prefixes ??

If you have an antire structure you can go to your adminCP and select any table you wanna backup on both scripts, even if you do phpmyadmin can do this too, you have to select your database and then table forums, when you have this you can export this content, or some other content as you wish from import and select any table you want and then edit this as you wish.

I took a look at mybb database structure through cpanel phpmyadmin. It does have forums in it.
Did you mean that I should selct the forum, and export - Exporting rows from "mybb_forums" table. And then import this sql file in destination forum?
??
Thanks for your help so far.
Not exactly, you have to see if you have this mybb_sometable, as you see xD, but then if you have forums table you have to export his content, then you have to open you new file and edit only your preferences or export a selected fields of this table and then when you have this backup you have to see if you wanna export threads and posts of this forums, if you wanna do this have to export tables posts and threads where id are from that forum id (forums you want).

Then you have to create a new file with this data and ten can import them or can send and SQL with this content on your db, but have to review the file structure to do that, and when all is done you can see changes on your forum.

Cheers.