MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing site name from all pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I my sites individual threads have title set correctly: "Topic - Sitename".

But the forum listing where all threads are shown is showing the site name first then the forum name.

Do I need to edit the forumdisplay in default templates?

Secondly which other pages may have the site name set as first one .. I want to know so that I can correct them too.
??

Related thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-63911-p...#pid458707

Ok I've done this:

Just go to Templates& Style->Default Templates->Forum Display Templates->forumdisplay change this line:

<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$foruminfo['name']} </title>

to

<title>{$foruminfo['name']} - {$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>

I hope there are no more changes I'd need to make
you can find such templates by using search/replace facility in templates and modify the templates as required
admin panel >> templates >> Search/Replace
Search For --> <title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}
Replace With (Optional) --> don't put anything here
Thanks m . but I fear to use it.

By the way I've pushed the sitename to the end in forum listing and individual thread listing. Are there anymore remaining?
There is nothing to fear about the search/replace tool if you use it like that:
Search: <title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}
Replace: <title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}
assuming you're worried about the blank replace. Now it will replace with itself, so do nothing but find.

Except the above thing there is nothing to fear about. You can also export .xml file and look for it in any text editor using CTRL+F.
Destroy666 can you please run it yourself and paste a screen shot of the results here?
^ as our friend said, no harm will be done to your forum when you use search/replace in templates as suggested.
anyway, there are at least 114 templates which have <title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} (text file link)