MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just to Let You Know About: <snip>
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In my experience paypal nearly always sides with the buyer on a dispute. Because the seller does not qualify for seller protection.

Even if you invoice a client, the can still just reverse the payment. I don't think it would have mattered here. The only way you wouldn't get a chargeback is if you had an honest person at the other end of the deal.
(2014-01-03, 08:19 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]In my experience paypal nearly always sides with the buyer on a dispute.

Unless it's a virtual service, and code is virtual.

(2014-01-03, 08:19 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]The only way you wouldn't get a chargeback is if you had an honest person at the other end of the deal.

IIRC, chargebacks need to be done through a bank - If the person doesn't have the time to go to a bank (or wait on hold for 45 minutes as I did), then there would be no chargeback.

We can argue about this forever, but I think we should agree to disagree.
I'd like to remind members of the community that using General Discussion as a public stage is not permitted, and this is a clear example as to why. There is no proof anyone has scammed anyone. There is only one side to the story here and being charge backed doesn't necessarily mean the person in question didn't have a good or valid reason to do so.

This is a personal matter between two people, and we have no jurisdiction to do anything about it. Furthermore, posting the personal information of someone who is being accused of something by a single person can lead to potentially unwarranted actions by people who are not even involved in the matter. Being wrongly labeled as a scammer is just as bad as being wrongly labeled as a pedophile.
Pages: 1 2