MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of the things I like doing is having multiple themes on my forum. I have installed a theme changer which works great. That is not the issue.

At the moment my themes are all basically structured around earth tones. I have changed my new reply, new thread etc buttons to match accordingly. I don't want to be locked into one color scheme. So my questions is if I have say a blue colored theme, a purple colored theme, can the buttons for new reply, new thread, etc be changed or am I locked into having all my themes a central color scheme?
in general, each & every theme has its own set of images for the buttons.
however I'd suggest to not use a lot of themes. basically three themes should be sufficient for any forum
- a light colors theme, a dark colored theme, and a mobile theme.
using many themes could be troublesome when you add plugins and manually modify the codes in the templates
I don't plan on using more than 3-4 themes. So in my Cpanel I see images that are the same for all, in other words the blue that comes with the mybb default theme. And it is only in area to change them, so unless I am missing something those said buttons will have to be a compatible color to a light/dark or whatever. So say as an example. if I want a theme reflecting coffee and want to have coffee cups on the buttons and another theme with daisy's i can't have buttons with a daisy on them? I'm just trying to get this straight!