MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: QuickMerge 1.0.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
QuickMerge v1.0.2 for MyBB 1.6.x

by Wildcard

MyBB Download Link (validated)

Sometimes as moderators we have to have merge threads into the same few threads over and over because people won't search.

This plugin allows you to compile a list of common thread destinations for merges and quickly merge redundant threads into the common targets.

Admin can control user groups that can access the tool, specify criteria tool display by thread reply count as to avoid accidental merges of established threads and control the maximum length of thread titles in the drop-down tool menu to avoid stretching the theme out.
  • Control which groups can use QuickMerge
  • Set criteria for threads that can be merged (reply count)
  • Control title length of merge destination threads in drop-down

Support

I make no guarantees of support but I will always try.

Bugs/Issues

Please report any problems found at the GitHub repository for this project, in this thread or in a new thread on MyBB Community Forums. Although I will answer questions at my own forum, I prefer not to.

Make QuickMerge Better!

Feel free to add advice or feedback. Go to GitHub and collaborate. Help and advice is welcome. Smile
Approved! Smile
Thanks Shade Smile
Nice plugin WC Big Grin
Keep up good releases.

if($new_release == "awesome"){
    $rep++;
}
Thanks man! Smile
I am following your plugins especially. Good job Wildcard!
What a nice thing to say. Thank you very much.
Is not it already possible to create a post/thread tool to merge threads? Not saying this is not useful, it is just I was sure it was already possible without plugins. Nice coding nonetheless.
(2014-01-05, 01:28 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Is not it already possible to create a post/thread tool to merge threads?

This isn't one option to merge the current thread into, it is a list of common merge destinations. On my forum, it is usually the 'Say Hello' thread, 'Site Status Thread' and holiday/birthday threads that we wind up merging constantly because people don't search.

(2014-01-05, 01:28 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I was sure it was already possible without plugins. Nice coding nonetheless.

Well obviously you can merge without the plugin. It is just a shortcut to handling common, repetitive merges.

Thanks for the kind words.
Had to release a patch-- an error was killing the ACP link. Sorry.

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/QuickM...master.zip

Will update on the mods site soon.
Pages: 1 2