MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment links only /in post.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What would be the best way to do this:

I'm uploading a large number of attachments per topic that looks like this:

Quote:Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Suspendisse nulla quam, posuere lobortis ante nec, mollis molestie metus. Pellentesque at justo nec odio vehicula viverra non in metus. Sed scelerisque turpis a eleifend dapibus. Donec ultricies arcu sit amet iaculis fermentum. Etiam dui mauris, suscipit ac fringilla quis, condimentum nec odio. Vivamus ut diam lectus. Mauris in mauris faucibus, bibendum justo sit amet, aliquam leo. Morbi eu massa eu quam pretium pellentesque vel vel diam. Maecenas viverra tellus sapien. Nam rutrum libero et pretium porta. Nam consequat risus non odio ornare, et faucibus magna rhoncus. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec sagittis leo non tristique faucibus. Quisque vel ipsum lobortis, fringilla neque non, bibendum sapien. Nam vitae mi at eros varius eleifend. Fusce euismod non quam sit amet imperdiet.

Changelog:

Downloads:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.09
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.08
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.07
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.06
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.05
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.04
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.03
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.02
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.01

So if I upload 10 files as attahment, it would be confusing to users.

What I want is this:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.09
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.08
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.07
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.06
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.05
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.04
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.03
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.02
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1.01

Without the attachments be listed below post text, I want to add them as bbcode and to make it direct link, without the "Attached files" section.

I tried to customize Pro Attachments mod, however I failed, it's unfortunately too complicated for me.

Can someone suggest me a solution for this?
Thank you very much I appreciate your help.

Possible, however unacceptable solutions:
To use Downloads Manager and to ]url[ the download page. However it's not the right solution because then it will be one more page before the download starts, which I don't want to.

To use a ftp or 3rd party file manager and ]url[ - I don't want to direct link files also I would like to have control/statistis as for attachments.
admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> Posting --> Show Attached Thumbnails in Posts --> select As Download Link and save the settings

Edit: and you can modify postbit_attachments template as required
Thank you very much!