MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to disable new posts/threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to temporarily disable new posts & threads on a MyBB powered forum?
You mean you want to temporarily disallow new Threads and Replies? If so just go to your ACP>>Users & Groups>>Groups>>Registered>>Forum and Posts>>Posting/Rating Options?

Uncheck:

Can post new threads?
Can post replies to threads
Thanks @marcus123.
Yep, that's what exactly i was looking for, it worked like a charm.
Just to build up further on this - is there any way to disable posting by all new users for x days or permanently?
(2014-01-01, 05:27 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]You can use this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/required-approvals

coolio. Many thanks.
(2014-01-01, 01:53 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]You mean you want to temporarily disallow new Threads and Replies? If so just go to your ACP>>Users & Groups>>Groups>>Registered>>Forum and Posts>>Posting/Rating Options?

Uncheck:

Can post new threads?
Can post replies to threads

I just did this to shut down temporarily for a holiday break... and it's not working. I did it in every group individually, except Admins. One group is able to post, even though they're definitely turned off. Another group seems to be able to post sometimes/randomly. The settings look just fine; where else should I be checking? What could be going on?