MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: eroor while upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=30768]
I'm now using 16.11 and want to upgrade to the tatest version and in mean while i get this error. How to solve this problem, because i can't upgrade now.
Quote:Please note, that you do not need to run the upgrade script for this version.
http://blog.mybb.com/2013/12/16/mybb-1-6...e-release/
Quote:Please note, that you do not need to run the upgrade script for this version.
So we are just to transfer/copy everything with FTP?

Thanks,
- Rich -
Just back up your files and database. Log in to FileZila or what ever FTP client.
Remove everything and put in the new files from the new update. Worked for me.
You might re install Some plugins but thats take few minutes
You have not to run upgrade this time, if you use your copy of MyBB 1.6.11 you only have to download the changed files package and upload to your site, you don't have to do anything else, maybe upload your new lang files and have only two files changed, so it's to easy make your own translation.

But you have not install dir, then you have not to run upgrade script this time, because i assume there are only core changes and not on templates or database, so you can upload your new files and when you go to your admin cp and verify your version you can see that, you have now 1.6.12 version xD.