MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change language - how to?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello - I've just installed MyBB without any problem (my first time with anything like this). It seems to work fine, but now I need to change the language from English to Swedish.
I've found the Swedish language-pack and downloaded it to my PC. But how do I install it to MyBB?
Have read what I could find on the MyBB webpage, but nothing about installing a new language, just info about how to select another allready installed language.

Regards, Simon
language pack consists of a main php file with the language name (eg. swedish.php) and a folder with the language name (eg. swedish)
both the main php file and the folder (with its contents) should be uploaded to ./inc/languages folder
When you uploaded your lang dir you have to go to your adminCP and see there are two options to set your lang as you wish. First one is on the begining of configuration settings and next is near to the end of your list, you have to put in both your lang and that have to work.

You do not need to run any installer or any like another scripts, only have to upload your content and select from your list the new lang for your board and thats all, anyway you can put a lang selector at the end of your forums and when you click it you hav see the change xD
Hi and thanks for answers.
My files name is not like you write. Its:
lang_svenska_1611.rar
(Ther is no folder as I see it).

Is that OK? And should I just move it to languages folder?

Huh Simon
^ oh, No. you have to extract it using a utility like winrar and get the contents in your computer.
then follow the suggestions given above.
Hi - thnaks a lot, I did as told and i worked! Now my forum is in Swedish and the controlpart in Swedish to. Great! Im quite impressed!
Best regards Simon