MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: People can't register
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So currently on my forums when you try to register an account on the forums it says "you did not enter an email address" even after you enter a email address that passes the validations set in the registration form. Not exactly sure how to fix this and the only other post I can find about this wasn't answered. Any help would be great. The only time people have been able to subscribe was when we had a plugin to login with steam (which had a lot of errors so we decided to disable it). Currently the only plugin we have running allows you to have a different display name to your username. We're also running MyBB 1.6.11 if that helps at all. http://noobstrading.eoreality.com/ this is a link to our forums.
Have you ever modified member.php ?
Not that I know of. All I'v done is imported a custom theme and downloaded 2 plugins (1 which I don't use anymore)
I suggest you to deactivate "Currently the only plugin we have running allows you to have a different display name to your username" plugin and try it again. This plugin adds hook to member.php and that can be the issue!!!!
(2014-01-03, 02:25 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest you to deactivate "Currently the only plugin we have running allows you to have a different display name to your username" plugin and try it again. This plugin adds hook to member.php and that can be the issue!!!!

I did think this could be the issue and deactivated it and tried again before I posted here but alas it didn't help. Maybe it's something in the member.php and if it is I'll try and have a look later
Then please backup your member.php and replace it with original 1.6.11
(2014-01-03, 02:29 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Then please backup your member.php and replace it with original 1.6.11

ok will do. I'll see if that fixes it.

I tried to do this but it still comes up with the same error. (This was after disabling the plugin which affects members.php and then putting in the original member.php and still getting the same error.
What color is your member_register template? Is it green???

I am sure it has to be this plugin - Display Username uninstall it completely and try again!
(2014-01-03, 05:56 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]What color is your member_register template? Is it green???

I am sure it has to be this plugin - Display Username uninstall it completely and try again!

Thanks for the help. That fixed it. Big Grin Just had to also revert it to original after deleting the plugin.
Cool I am glad it works Smile