MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Plugin] Hide Links to Guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
When activated hides links in the messages to guests..

For installation please read readme file on the zip file..
Sort of like the Hide Hack? Hmm...interesting! I'll have to check this one out! Big Grin
not completely hide hack but better than hide hack for me Wink
OK, I've installed this and can't figure out how to use it. What links are hidden to guests?

Sorry if this is a dumb question! Big Grin
Unregistered (Guest) user no see URL Link. Must register for see URL.
That's what I meant!  I tested it by logging out and I could still see the URL links.  DF, does this affect ALL links on the forum, no matter where they are? Guess I'll clear the cache and see if I still can see them!

edit: OK, I cleared cookies and cache and as a guest, I can still see the links. I guess what confuses me is that every thread and forum is also a URL, so how can the plugin tell the difference? Or does it? Is this plugin supposed to hide those as well as outside URL's? I just can't figure out how this plug in is supposed to work??
I thought it meant in posts. You know like I post a link to A website that is cool, but the guest can't view it, unless they register. It seemed good, but when I installed it, it didn't work. The link showed up as normal...
Nice Plugin I Like It, thnx
Yeah, Nick! Same here, which is why I'm confused about which links it hides!
This is a good plugin (for myBB 1.4.) but it also hide links in signatures which is bad of course. Is it possible to modify this plugin or upgrade it (give it options) to choose whether I wont to hide links only in posts or in signatures too?
Pages: 1 2 3 4