MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error when upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm copied over all of the changed files. I'm upgrading from 1.6.11 to 1.6.12. I get an error of some sort regarding UTF-8 Unicode on the main page. I also get it when trying to register as a new user. It get's stuck trying to validate a username and then when I click finish anyway, it gives me the user.php utf-8 error.

I'm running PHP 5.3.27 and MYSQL 5.5.32

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I don't have the exact error line because I had to restore my forum ASAP being that it is very busy and can't be down for too long.

I went to my forum under tools/maintenance/UTF-8 Conversion and noticed that several files that have not been converted. I'm in the USA and was wondering if you think that is the problem or if you think that I should convert all files over?

I have a database of 25,000 + users and it said that it may take hours.

Please advise.
I have no idea what "the user.php utf-8 error" should be. Could you please post the full error message?
(2014-01-04, 12:40 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea what "the user.php utf-8 error" should be. Could you please post the full error message?

Here is the error when I just try to bring up my forum.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function validate_utf8_string() in /home/server/public_html/domain_hidden_for_privacy.com/forum/inc/db_mysql.php on line 852

When I try to register as a new user I also get a utf8 string error under users.php
Please make sure you have uploaded all new files.