MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Style Thread Title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found another thread on this subject but it didn't give much instructions. I am going to admin CP>templates and styles> selecting my theme going to editing and I can't find how to change the size of the thread title I found out how to change the font size to the table but the thread title I cannot figure out how to do so. www.letusbang.com
Thanks
Open showthread template find:

<div>
<strong>{$thread['threadprefix']}{$thread['subject']}</strong>
</div>

And replace it with :
<div style="font-size: 20px;">
<strong>{$thread['threadprefix']}{$thread['subject']}</strong>
</div>

Change 20px; to whatever you want!!!
Marcus thanks, I must be missing something i go to showthread.css but I don't find the code you are describing.

Edit: One second I think I got it I will report back.
Its in ACP>>Templates & Styles>>Templates>>your template>>Show Thread Templates>>showthread
Adding this (updating existing .thead class) in global.css:

.thead {
font-size: 20px;
}

will do the trick, I believe.
Ok, I should have been more specific how do I change size and style of the subject title. I realize what doing that does thanks for that, but how do I change the subject title.
(2014-01-04, 05:53 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Adding this (updating existing .thead class) in global.css:

.thead {
}

will do the trick, I believe.

Sure this is the best way but are you sure .thead only controls thread title and frefix?

(2014-01-04, 05:56 PM)Lordstorm Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I should have been more specific how do I change size and style of the subject title. I realize what doing that does thanks for that, but how do I change the subject title.

Could you please rephrase
Yes, that does.
Because the other elements in .thead (like 'linear mode' etc) has a special class smalltext which overrides the text size of the thead class with fixed 11px (as defined in smalltext class).

However if you wanna target only title specifically, as we know MyBB templates code title in old <strong>...</strong> tags : this can be more specific and handy:

.thead strong {
}
Sure, this is probably my best way of explaining it how do i style these...

thead didnt work. I even changed it to 40px to see if it did anything

[Image: BDFLZBJ.jpg]
Man those are not in .thead, but those are thread listing.

Go to template: 'forumdisplay_thread'

find:
{$thread['threadprefix']}<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" class="{$inline_edit_class} {$new_class}" id="tid_{$inline_edit_tid}">{$thread['subject']}</a>

Make it:
<span class="threadlist_subject">{$thread['threadprefix']}<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}" class="{$inline_edit_class} {$new_class}" id="tid_{$inline_edit_tid}">{$thread['subject']}</a></span>

and add in global.css, at end preferably:

.threadlist_subject {
}

Note, this will include prefix as well, if you wanna omit prefix to be larger skip {$thread['threadprefix']} and start span.
Pages: 1 2