MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cant post threads using i.e11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi a user on my site is having problems when using i.e11, he cant post a new thread but can reply to threads. he said when he clicks on the subject to type he cant type anything , i`ve been unable to test myself as i cant get i.e 11 as i use xp
Well if you are a webmaster you should have IE, Firefox and Chrome installed as some code will not work correctly on all of them so you have to test always your edits on these browsers!!!
As i said i'm running xp on my pc at the min and you cant install i.e11 on that . I.e 8 works fine
Could you proved us with temp username and password

Also you can try to backup your new thread template then use revert to original option!
I'll pm you a user account details in a bit when i get on the pc . As for the template the guy had the same issue on the old theme too .

I'll pm you a user account details in a bit when i get on the pc . As for the template the guy had the same issue on the old theme too .i did explain to the user how to take a screenshot of the issue but if could.nt work out how to do it
Please PM Destroy666 or .M. they are more experienced than me!
(2014-01-05, 03:13 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Please PM Destroy666 or .M. they are more experienced than me!

could you just take a screenshot of the problem or see if you even get the same problem ?for me if you`ve got i.e11
OK I will do my best!

Please activate this temp user through ACP>>Users
(2014-01-05, 03:13 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Please PM Destroy666 or .M. they are more experienced than me!

Please do not ask users to PM anyone for support, especially when they aren't involved in the thread in the first place. If a user wants to support another user they should ask themselves, we don't want to give the impression to other members that it's ok to go around asking for support via PM.

OP, try asking the member to switch to the default theme from the User CP. We can then rule out the possibility that it's a theme issue.
I am truly sorry for that will never happen again.

It appears as the JavaScript that controls your custom edit form is the issue remove it or modify it to work with IE !
Pages: 1 2