MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error whene I try to edit ( member.lang.php )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lock at the picture

[attachment=5079]
You should change permission of member.lang.php that is "mybb_root_directory/inc/languages/your_language/member.lang.php". Then apache(web server) user can edit that file. Many ftp clients have option to change permission of files. If you click right mouse button on file, you will see "chmod". Activate "write" permission for that file on all of three columns or you must write permission value "666" for that file. If you have ssh or telnet permission for your webhost, you can use "chmod 666 member.lang.php"(this command is for linux operating system.). But i advice you to download member.lang.php to your local computer and edit it and upload it again. I think it is better and easier than other way for you. I gave little tips(keywords). If you want to learn, you should google some.
mybbtesting Wrote:But i advice you to download member.lang.php to your local computer and edit it and upload it again. I think it is better and easier than other way for you.
I will work was this one much easyer