MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help on Forum name!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I've been developing a technology forum for the past 3 months but keep getting stuck on what to call it.

Any suggestions on domain names suitable for technology forums would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Technology is a bit broad. Is there a specific technology or field?
Since you are focusing on the technology niche where brandable names are pretty much acceptable, you might have some luck browsing ebay.com. While I can agree that ebay.com is not your best source for quality domains, it is pretty useful with brandable ones. Many people just put theirs up for auction so you can snatch them close to reg. price. Make sure to do some research before you buy a domain since you are buying an aged domain, which can either be beneficial or hurt you forever. It does take some time to find a good name between the dozen unbelievably bad names, but in the worse can you end up laughing a bit.

If brandable domains are not your thing, you can either try to buy an existing domain (most good names are taken in your niche), or you can consider one of the new TLDs. (http://www.godaddy.com/tlds/gtld.aspx)

I would strongly recommend not to use domain hacks (like ".io") because in the long term they will only have negative effects. (SEO, lost traffic, etc.)