MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rule page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yet again another plugin issue. When I go to active the plugin, I get the following error..

Nothing in ACP perms to be fixed, any ideas?

[Image: erLA4DG.png]
And what plugin is that ?
that plugin appears to be coded for an earlier version of MyBB and it doesn't work with the recent versions.
you can safely remove the uploaded files of referred plugin. you may use this rules plugin
Next time please open plugin with the notepad and check for "compatibility" => "16*",
(2014-01-06, 06:18 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]that plugin appears to be coded for an earlier version of MyBB and it doesn't work with the recent versions.
you can safely remove the uploaded files of referred plugin. you may use this rules plugin

that plugin doesn't even work :/
[Image: vSJpJ2b.png]
(2014-01-06, 06:27 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Next time please open plugin with the notepad and check for "compatibility" => "16*",

That won't help in this case. The issue here is MyBB 1.2 forced you to provide the table prefix in queries but that requirement was removed in 1.4 as it was cleaner.

If it was due to MyBB recognizing the plugin was written for an earlier version you'd get a user-friendly error and be redirected back to the plugin page.
I was trying to say that you need to check if the plugin is compatible with 1.6 version of MYBB

This thread is about plugin and should be moved to plugins forum Smile
(2014-01-06, 06:55 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]I was trying to say that you need to check if the plugin is compatible with 1.6 version of MYBB

This thread is about plugin and should be moved to plugins forum Smile

Don't be a backseat moderator, and no as it caused a mysql error, it falls under general
(2014-01-06, 06:55 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]I was trying to say that you need to check if the plugin is compatible with 1.6 version of MYBB

It wouldn't get as far as showing an error message as the check is done before any queries are executed.