MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cann't Stay on My Admin Panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am new in mybb forum. i can login into my mybb forum but when i want to do anything the system is automatically logout. please help me.
i did everything but it does not work. please check my url is hostguestforum.tk/admin
cookie domain should be .hostguestforum.tk (there should be a dot at the beginning and no http://)
first change cookie domain setting in ./inc/settings.php file
and then log into admin panel and again change at General Configuration settings
Ok, this is driving me demented... I have read matt's thread (but couldn't post there), but I cannot solve the problem.
My settings are as follows:
$settings['cookiedomain'] = "www.autosvezzamento.it";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

If I remove the "www." nothing works any more.
The permissions are now 666, although they keep reverting to 644(!!), I have cleared the cookies (several times), regenerated the settings.php file (several times), but nothing... I can only click 2-3 times at most in the admin panel, and then I get kicked out.

Any advice, welcome Smile

TIA Big Grin
please explain

The permissions are now 666, although they keep reverting to 644(!!),

I didn't understand the above line.
Well... don't know what else to say. I change the permissions and they seem OK, but after a while when I go check again, they have changed back to 644.
i have changed your given instruction but I get kicked out again
As quoted, be sure you put a dot (.) in your $settings['cookiedomain']: if your site is www.mysite.com then $settings['cookiedomain'] = ".mysite.com"

Also, you settings.php keep being reverted to 0644 permissions because that file it's automatically regenerated by MyBB from time to time.
The dot is there, but without the "www." nothing works.

I have also noticed that TextEdit (for Mac) changes the style of the " (inverted commas) when I enter some text next to it, forcing me to edit that as well, otherwise it is not recognised.
Pages: 1 2