MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dual Languages in one Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm a newbie in this environment (MyBB).
I'm just finished the installation of my MyBB Forum.
I just want to know how to install (English/Arabic) languages in it?
The "English" language is already exists by default, but I want to install the "Arabic" language too.

Note:
Both languages should be for "One Forum" & "One Database".

Thanks!
I'll try the solution that was mentioned there, and give you a feedback.

Thanks!
I tried what you told me, but the theme alignment didn't get RTL.
I read about that and I found that the theme should be modify to make its alignment to RTL for the Arabic language.

It's really hard for because I don't know PHP and CSS.
I didn't find any forum contains dual languages (one is LTR and the two is RTL).
The forums I found contain dual languages are LTR forums, like (English & Swedish).

I don't know what to do in order for me to make a forum contains LTR (English) & RTL (Arabic) unique theme.

Thanks!
Any help I'll appreciate it.

Thanks!
What language are you using? Persian?

For Persian (or any other language, take this example step by step) go to /inc/languages and open persian.php.

Here, set:
// Sets if the language is RTL (Right to Left) (1 = yes, 0 = no)
$langinfo['rtl'] = 1;
(2014-01-13, 06:12 AM)Kaeden Wrote: [ -> ]What language are you using? Persian?

For Persian (or any other language, take this example step by step) go to /inc/languages and open persian.php.

Here, set:
// Sets if the language is RTL (Right to Left) (1 = yes, 0 = no)
$langinfo['rtl'] = 1;

Hi Kaedon,
It's already $langinfo['rtl'] = 1;
I'm using Arabic and English.
The problem - as I think - in the theme files, because when I choose English - the default language - the forum alignment stays LTR, but when I choose Arabic then the forum alignment stays LTR - which is wrong - and it should be RTL.
BTW, when I choose Arabic the text changes from English to Arabic successfully but all I need is to solve the them alignment when choosing Arabic language.

Any other help?

Thanks!
Any help I'll appreciate it.

Thanks!
Mybb is not bidirectional (and this is due to its theme based on tables). I asked for it a lot of time but the Mybb team is not interested about that. If you want a free forum software that is fully bidirectional I advised you to try phpBB or xenforo if you want a paid one. Good luck
If someone wants to send a PR for this, it could be accepted.

Send a suggestion in the proper forum before hand.