MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Foreign language, a little problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody.
I must admit it, I had many problem upgrading from 1.08. I use a french translation from the official web site of myBBfr. I use :

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

My problem is that everytime I edit something, all my accents (é à è â ê û..) are replaced by exclamation marks (?). Same thing for the old posts that were made before my upgrade.

Example :
Bonjour, mon nom est Éléo. Après un long séjour à l'hôpital j'ai décidé de venir poster.

Result when I edit :
Bonjour, mon nom est ?l?o. Apr?s un long s?jour ? l'h?pital j'ai d?cid? de venir poster.

Oh and by the way, the MyBB cache was causing alot of problem to my users. They were not able to disconnect Rolleyes
There is no such thing as a 'MyBB cache'. You need to change your charset to "utf-8", which may fix some of the letters.
Tikitiki Wrote:There is no such thing as a 'MyBB cache'. You need to change your charset to "utf-8", which may fix some of the letters.

Well, a little suggestion here, topics converts to UTF-8 but not the forum title and description. I'll fix that, thanks for the assistance.

What I mean for cache :
Send No Cache Headers
With this option you can prevent caching of the page by the browser
Check it to yes if you want to force your users to renew the page everytime they visit.

Currently we do not have a 100% solution for the foreign language problem. I suggest you try and install the multibyte and iconv extensions which can be installed by contacting your host.
Tikitiki Wrote:Check it to yes if you want to force your users to renew the page everytime they visit.

Currently we do not have a 100% solution for the foreign language problem. I suggest you try and install the multibyte and iconv extensions which can be installed by contacting your host.

Thank you very much for all the help you provide for us.