MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread message length
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys please help me to create this simple plugin. I need to throw a hook to newthread.php and add a simple conditional that will check message length.
if message length +200 then do nothing else error
Create a file in your plugins folder named threadlimit.php and paste the following code, and activate via ACP

<?php

if(!defined("IN_MYBB"))
	exit;

$plugins->add_hook("newthread_do_newthread_start", "threadlimit_run");

function threadlimit_info()
{
	return array(
		'name'			=> 'Thread Message Length',
		'description'	=> 'Only allow threads to be posted if they\'re under a certain length',
		'website'		=> '',
		'author'		=> 'Mattbox Solutions',
		'authorsite'	=> '',
		'version'		=> '1.0',
		'guid' 			=> '',
		'compatibility' => '*'
	);
}

function threadlimit_run()
{
	global $mybb;
	$minimum_characters = 200; // Edit number of minimum characters here
	$chars = strlen($mybb->input['message']);

if ($chars < $minimum_characters)
		error('Your thread message must contain a minimum of ' . $minimum_characters . ' characters to continue. It currently is ' . $chars . ' characters.');
}

?>
Very Dear @ectomatt thank your so much I really appreciate time you took to to create this plugin.

Is there a way to also add title characters check?

$title_chars

and please could you also add a hook to editpost.php
(2014-01-09, 11:36 AM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Very Dear @ectomatt thank your so much I really appreciate time you took to to create this plugin.

Is there a way to also add title characters check?

$title_chars

and please could you also add a hook to editpost.php

Please go into a bit more detail on what you mean when you say "title characters check" and yes, I'll add it so it checks when editing the thread too
I have used your plugin and it works great but could you please make it also check TITLE and how to show error messages on the same page I am referring to "inline_error function"

And please make it also work with editpost.php not only with newthread.php

Thanks very much

[Image: ScreenShot041-2.png]