MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hotlink protect attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thank you very much. Now the images works on my forum again, and I added a test url where I have hotlinked an image and it's visible too - great!.
However, I use tineye.com to check for stolen images (the reason I needed to allow url) and that still doesn't work. I tried to copy and paste the image url to their website (using both ie and ff) and via their firefox plugin - it's still blocked.
I left only tineye as allowed url in the code and the hotlink test page can no longer hotlink so the code is correct. There's something I need to add to make tineye work... any suggestion?

Thank you
PinkStar
They are downloading the images in the back-end so they are most likely not sending any referer information. (which means that the script is doing the job fine since it is blocking the request as it is not actually coming from any domain)

You will have to disable hotlink protection (just add "//" before exit is called) when you want to use their service.

You can alternatively try to add the following to the very beginning of the file and I will tell you how to whitelist that IP for hotlinking.
error_log($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);
Once you add that use their service and send the contents of your error_log file. Ideally there will only be one entry and that is their IP.
Thank you, I will give that a try Smile

Thanks
PinkStar
Pages: 1 2